Saturday, September 26, 2009

Killing Time


Excitement has been building in anticipation of Vince coming home. In order to pass the time, here are a couple of the things we did.

Today, environmentalists and artists worked at the beach to create a human mosaic which was photographed by air and sent to a Danish group putting together a plea for carbon dioxide waste to be limited to 350. I don't know...all I know is that it was a beautiful day and we all wanted to go down and check it out.

We missed the part where the people were placed in the sand in the shape of a salmon. We were last minute throw ins. We were grabbed from the sidelines and I think we were all underlining the word, Alaska. It was fun to see our friends sprawled out in their red shirts.
It was fun to watch the photographer flying over head as we smiled for the camera.

We then ran errands in town and ended up on a bunny photographic hunt. There is an area on East End Road where some domestic rabbits have become wild. Here is Marina trying to catch this little baby.
Too slow... (fortunately for me)

We also took a load of garbage to the dump after cleaning the basement. Actually, DeeJay took the load to the dump and when he got home he said, "I can't believe you were throwing away these treasures!" and from the pocket of his sweatshirt he produced several Balinese carved items. I don't know how the entire plastic box of my shells and Bali nicknack's got into the dumping load, but I let out a primal scream and DeeJay and I ran back to the dumpsters.

Luckily, no one else had dumped anything since he'd been there. I climbed into the dumpster...not one of those little blue ones mind you, but an industrial sized one... and retrieved my beloved shell collection and Bali memories. Yea, I was screaming the entire time, "I do not like climbing in garbage! How did my stuff get in the garbage!"

Where was the camera when we really needed it?

Vince will be home tonight!

No comments: