Thursday, July 23, 2009

Strawberries!

Today Falcom, Marina and I ventured into our secret berry patch and behold! Tis the season...to pick some berries!

It was with little effort that we quickly filled our bowls with the small pink wild Alaskan strawberries. There was plenty of munching, and picking, and replanting (tossing the ones the mice had taken bites from).

At one point Falcom broke into the tune from one of our favorite, "Not For School" songs. It goes:

"Oh, my baby is sexy for sure
I had to have him when he walked through the door." and
"You think cuz you hit it you get it just like that.
Wait a minute."

I sang, "Oh, my berries juicy for sure. I had to munch it it when plucked it for sure."
Then Marina sang, "Oh why did I get so fat? Its cuz I ate all my berries Just like that! Wait a minute." We all were laughing and riffing and having a blast.

By the end we were sitting on four pounds of fruit. Beautiful children, beautiful fruit, beautiful day.

No comments: