Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mom, I've Got a Phone Problem




Boots, Fishing Poles and Bull Moose

The other night I was not able to access the Internet. I was tired. I didn't want to try to restart the router. Finally, I did. Like a hamster on a wheel, I just kept trying to restart the Internet until I remembered the definition of insanity; trying the same things over and over again, expecting different results is insanity. Finally, I picked up the phone to call ACS hoping that one of their super friendly Internet repair people could assist me in getting my Internet to work again. (I am addicted to 'Dead Like Me' on Netfilx now and was motivated.)

No dial tone.


Hannah Grady getting candy Lei's from Marina at her graduation from Homer High School

Really motivated to call ACS the lady gave me the old, "Have you checked your grey box out front for a tone?" line. I checked. No tone. "We will send out a repairman soon." The vagueness kills me. "In the mean time", she said, "I will forward your phone to your cell."

The next morning the repairman called and told me that the phone line had been cut at the road and that if I had any information about who had been fixing the road it would be appreciated. I said, "Look, I do not need to be in a pissing match between you and the borough. Someone needs to fix my phone!"

They won't tell me this because they aren't like that, but I am quite sure that my telephone will not be fixed until after the weekend. Because of this I have told ACS to put Internet on my phone. I haven't figured out how to use it yet, but at least I'm getting something out of this problem...right? Just not getting to watch Dead Like Me.

Marina in New Dress

Mom, this is why I have not called you. Until my phone gets fixed, you will have to call me and I think it may be free to call you this weekend, but I'm not sure. Love you!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

awww, sorry about the trials~ good to see you blasting down the spit road today. Didn't see you guys at graduation. Certainly enjoyed Duncan's talk + many other highlights.
I hope you're up and running with your home phone soon!