Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pictures from the Weekend

Yes, the 'Crack'-berry has been very fun and very distracting, but it is time to post the pictures that I took over the weekend that are a bit less grainy. Everyone loves a workout before a swim! Falcom likes to put on the miles when his treadmill has a built in TV like this one did.


When the van was towed away and the next hotel was not in sight, the kids patiently waited for our next move. Aren't my kids wonderfully easy going? They are even cool with being car less and directionless. I wasn't the only one who got a new phone. Falcom got a phone that Cindi had tried to recycle. It makes lots of noise plays games and has a calculator. He also is very good at imaginary conversations...

Everyone loaded into Sheryl's compact so that we could go to our next hotel. This is our new friend Jamie. She is Maygen's friend and Vince and Sheryl gave her a ride from Fairbanks to Anchorage. Then she got to hang out with us all the way to Homer. What a delight to have such a fun new friend. What really cracks me up about this picture is that Jamie is six foot three inches tall and was saying, "I don't want my butt crack showing in the picture!" That got the kids attention, especially Falcom, and when I reviewed this shot seeing all three of their faces looking at the camera made me laugh.
At the "New Hotel" Marina and I had fun playing in the leaves. Ah! Autumn.
Jamie and Sheryl at Sushi. This sushi joint is on Dimond and is located in one of the old style Taco Bell building. All rolls were on sale for $10.95. You know I love that!
I had to tell Jamie about Sheryl's bad habits and how every desert escapade I've had with her has not been my fault! Sheryl has a new favorite roll, the crunch roll. Very wonderful!
First frost on the highway home. Took this shot when Vince was kind enough to stop the van long enough for me to try to take pictures of these swans. The entire road to Anchorage is filled with Swans, but I don't have the technology to photograph them appropriately. Jamie helped Falcom with his homework. Then Falcom sang into our phones so that we could have new ring tones.

Ah! Life!

No comments: