Wednesday, October 28, 2009

H1N1 - What it looks like on the ground


I got a call from the high school yesterday. In fact, I got two calls 20 minutes apart because I was tardy in responding to the first call. "We are just wondering why you are not here yet."

(I didn't tell them that I was enjoying my last 20 minutes of peace over a Two Sisters BLT and a cup of coffee because I knew that once I extracted him from the high school it was going to be high gear for me for the rest of the week and since he had already infected everyone in his immediate vicinity what was an extra 20 minutes going to do?).

It's Willie. Today he is at 104 and we are hoping that he will be the only person in the family who suffers with this flu, but, are expecting the worse.

I'm just hoping that we can make it through Halloween before the rest of us go down. (Didn't that sound uncharacteristly pessimistic on my part?) Willie is sleeping on the chair in front of the fire.

No comments: