Monday, February 23, 2009

Cabin Weekend


We escaped together this weekend to the cabin. No phone, no electronics, no interruptions. Not only was I looking forward to a restful weekend with my family, I was poised for a perfect nights sleep.


The big boys fell asleep at 7.30. Little kids passed out at 8. As I was tucking them in Falcom said, "I'm not feeling well." So I put him downstairs on the couch next to me. Sure enough he was up all night vomiting. I was up all night with him while he was vomiting.

What is it with that cabin and me being sleepless?

The next day was all fun in the sun. Vince let the kids surf behind the snow machine. Willie and DeeJay took off on their own and managed somehow to find their way back home. I played a lot of Sudoku. It was a very nice time.

Mema and Suzanne then came over for a lamb roast and we went to Valda's where we watched the Oscars after witnessing this amazing sunset. What made this one more fantastic than most is the way Cape Douglas is jutting out of the ocean. We usually do not get such a perfect view of it's peaks and valleys. Of course, the camera does not do it justice, but I tried.


Thank you Valda for letting us crash your house while you are in Africa!

No comments: