Monday, May 21, 2012

Andy

Sitting off stage watching the show through the screen is my favorite part of the past four days.  I sit there and watch and listen to the audience and yet I can still get up and help with costume changes or nose blowing or whatever needs to happen.  Sitting behind that screen gives me a minute to reflect on what has been happening the past few weeks. The kids have been rehearsing and singing and playing around with each other, the adults have been taking on their roles and going through their process.  I have been around keeping young performers from 'getting lost' and extinguishing minor interpersonal fires. 

Marina is doing a glorious job as an orphan.  She is dirty and keeps her hair messy and has a rough and tumble quality that makes her seem, I don't know, like it is natural.

Falcom is belting out these songs night after night and he sounds wonderful.  The show has been sold out every night.

I like being in the back of the theater.  I like being a help.  I like watching the kids turn from the kids I know into little performers.  I love watching all the blonde hair girls tease their hair into knots.  I like the look of them all with their stage make up self put on.  I like watching them put on their 'orphan faces'.  It really has been quite a good experience for everyone and what a great show!  We just can not thank the HCOA, Brenda and Julianne and the rest of the cast for the hard work they have put into giving the kids, especially mine, this opportunity.

Four more days...  What a blast!

1 comment:

Nan said...

Great I can't wait to see it. Waiting for my husband to return this Wed I have tickets for Sat.