Sunday, September 19, 2010

Masters of Mud

About six weeks ago, Maygen received a letter asking her to be in an event at the Anchorage Museum called, "Masters of Mud". Her first response was an emphatic "NO!" as she was feeling overwhelmed by life. She made the unfortunate mistake of telling me about the show and I responded to her with an emphatic "YES! Vince will be hunting and I will be ready to get out of town! We must go!"

Sure, at first she resisted, but she couldn't resist for long. I know that Anchorage has all the charm of Eureka, but Me, Mema, Willie, Fal, Marina all watching Iris while she sold stuff and schmoozed with the Alaskan Clay Crowd? Me in a hotel with a pool sipping diet soda in that moist humid air. You can't beat that!

Six weeks later, here I sit, pool side, watching kids swim. Maygen is upstairs getting ready for day two of her show. Iris is jumping on the bed. Willie is playing basketball and texting Kaylene. Mema is nervously fiddling around in the room. I am taking great pride in knowing that I was right. This trip was a good idea.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone powered by ACS!

No comments: