Monday, November 30, 2009

Weather

This is Suzanne's truck after school today. Yes, it snowed quite a bit while we were at school.

Everything is always a bit more epic with a heavy snowfall.

Teaching was a challenge today. All the high school kids seemed hung over and distracted by memories of their weekends. All the middle schoolers snowball fought every chance they got.

After work I had to pick up my truck from the shop and I had no wallet to pay for it. Cindi had brought my purse, which I had left at her house, to our road and when she got here she saw many vehicles in the ditch so she decided to leave it with a neighbor. Good idea but she couldn't remember which neighbor had it. Boog's wife laughed so hard at the conversation she was listening to me have that she trusted me and let me take the truck knowing I'll pay her tomorrow.

When we got home we received word that we had had a chicken massacre. Four chickens killed by dogs. Awful. Screaming crying children. Oy! The neighbor came down with a shot gun when he heard the racket but was too late. Falcom is still crying. He has learned a lesson about leaving the coop door open. Picking up the chickens I learned that my heart is hardening and I am becoming almost farmerish.

And then the temperature rose and the snow turned to rain and I had to plow our driveway and Valda's.

Good times! It's 10pm and I'm passing out now. (PS Laurie, I'll try to call tomorrow. )
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone powered by ACS!

No comments: