Tuesday, June 2, 2009

God's Reply


As a mystic, I need to make a public proclamation. "Thank you God, I get the message."

In my last posting, Diamonds on the Soles of My Shoes, I mentioned a certain robin nest outside Chuck's hospital room that was really stressing me out. For me, this nest is a symbol of significance. In fact, in the posting I mentioned that it was kind of literary symbolism I HATE. Such a fragile thing, so sweet, such a bad idea. I wrote that post Friday night.

Saturday morning, the nest and little mama were still intact. I said a little prayer that she would make it through the day so that I would not have to return from Anchorage with Phyllis and her breaking heart and have to also contend with a broken nest and a little birds broken heart.

Saturday night, when Phyllis and I returned from Anchorage I found this. Someone has put a fence around the tree.
Protecting it without smothering it or taking over the job. This little bird is able to attempt to hatch her eggs and follow through with her plan without having to worry about cats and lawn mowers and human children.

She still may fail, but she is protected.

Thank you God. I get the message.

1 comment:

The Wes Gordon Family said...

God is Love.

Life is Fragile.

Friends are Precious.

Things I have learned.