Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Blizzard!

This morning Vince got up from the princess couch to wake the children for school.  I said, "What time is it?"  He said, "620."  I said, "Couldn't you give them another 10 or 15 minutes?  Geeze!"  This is my favorite part of the day, the part where they are safe in their beds, the house is quiet, I have Vince to myself.  He said, "Your way never works out!  It's always too hectic!"  He woke them and when he got back to the kitchen the phone rang.  "This is Dr. Gee from Homer High School.  All schools on the lower Kenai Peninsula have been cancelled for today."  Vince looked at me and said, "I guess your way would have been right for today."

There has been fun for all this holiday. 

Our friend Craig came and what a blast I had!  We discussed so many important topics...  resolved so many critical issues! 

14 people came to the cabin for New Years Even.  Whew!  That was a lot.  Vince and Glen got fireworks for our gang.  After food, playing cards, and coffee drinking, we had a spectacular fireworks show.
 Craig and I played sequence with every person we could sucker into joining us.  We made witty banter throughout the game, distracting our opponents.
 Craig probably hasn't used many outhouses in his California days.  Luckily he had this high class outhouse to use during his visit. 
 We did some snowshoeing.  When I say 'some' I mean only a very small amount.

 These fireworks were amazing and awesome!  Thank you Glen and Vince for a super fun time!

There was some conversation about the spring water at the cabin having a diuretic in it and that is why all of us have to pee so much while we are out there.  Craig even went a couple of times during the night.  I would love to know if that is true. 

After a night of sleeplessness Vince and the kids delivered Craig and I to the parking lot and we came home to celebrate New Years Day in a more refined manner.  Thai Food, Sauna and Cool Tub at Land's End, and a good nights sleep.  Super fun!

Now my school is back on and I've loaded my schedule.  We are still doing Karaoke on Wednesday nights and still watching Alaska:  The Last Frontier.

I have more to type but the kids need parenting!

2 comments:

divacowgirl said...

Looks like you guys hard a great New Years Eve!

Craig Lechman said...

I learned from Willie that it's best to wait until someone else has defrosted the toilet seat before finishing your morning coffee. Thanks, Willie!