Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Getting Ready for Halloween

My preoccupation with school has caused me to not blog.  It has also caused me to not clean, but that is a different story.  Last night was the beginning of Halloween preparations at the house. Vince was here to lend his skill to the evening.  I was amazed: this is the first year the kids have been able to scoop the seeds from their own pumpkins.  Willie and Falcom designed and cut their own by themselves.  Marina probably could have done hers all alone, but, it's more fun to have dad help.


This will be Willie's last year of pumpkin carving with us.  Next year he will be away at school!   I had it in my mind but didn't want to bring it up and spoil the mood. Ah!  These beautiful children are growing up!

Another way I know that he is growing up is that this once completely shy and introverted person got up on stage this week and played in the English classes 'Hamlet'!  I was proud!  I couldn't believe it...  The kid I used to know could barely hold eye contact let alone get up on a stage and speak.  He is growing and I am so excited at how far he has come!

Vince's dad Tom comes tomorrow to stay with us for a while.  Should be a trip.  I think Vince failed to tell him that we have a dog now.  Oh my...
The following week my long time friend DT is coming to stay with us for a while.  I am glad he is.  He's got this brain aneurysm thing and well, this is a long story that hopefully I'll have time to write out later.  In the mean time... I'd better get back to the getting on with school. 

No comments: