Saturday, January 22, 2011

National Anthem



I know that there is a level of anxiety for parents regardless of what activity the child participates in.  Right now, I am voting that being the parent of a performing artist may be the most anxiety producing.  The National Anthem?  That is harder than Lady Gaga.  Sorry Lady Gaga but that song is harder than Bad Romance. 

Well, lets just say that all your prayers, thoughts, and positive energy transference payed off because he pulled it off!  Again.  Just like he does every time.  After he was done, I was walking around the rink and I saw quite a few of Suzanne's students from Selo.  "That is your son!  I've been hearing this song a lot and your son has done the best so far I think!"  Whether or not they were telling me this to be nice or whether they really meant it, I didn't care!  He finished and he did great and now we can move on to the next thing.

What has it been like to be a person in this house while the National Anthem was being learned (morning, noon, and night)?  Let me put it this way, that song used to pull at a deep part of my emotional core and bring me to tears every time.  After the past two weeks I am completely desensitized.  I'm now like a paramedic at a crash site.  "Yes, something has happened.  Let's work through the details."

Thank you to everyone who supports this untradional traditional family!  Your presence is felt!

1 comment:

LucyGage said...

Awesome! Amazing! Outstanding!Tremendous! Loved it!