Thursday, April 22, 2010

Jubilee Rehersal, Part 1


And so, my own version of hockey season is upon me. Yesterday, we were at rehearsal from 330 in the afternoon to 745 at night. Falcom is number 6 in the line up, in the first act. The last time he was in a show he was the closing act. Everyone in town made a huge deal about what an honor it is to be last. I asked Fal if this was OK for him to be sixth and he said, "Yea! I'm just so happy to be in the show!"He is a darling.

I did a kind of lousy job recording this. I left off the beginning and the end, but I think you get the idea. The director came to me when he was done and told me how beautiful his voice is and how nice it is to hear him singing an appropriate song this year. It's true. There will not be a pissed off fundamentalist in town this year!

As his mother, I can say with great certainty that the audience wishes they could hear him sing something inappropriate.

No comments: