Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hi!


Yea, it's been about a week since I've been able to write you. Suzanne said to me yesterday, "I care, you have to share!" So true, I've been too busy to share and now I am emotionally constipated! Yuck! Can't have that! And so I will write a quick letter to my dear friends and post it on this blog. This is Resihna, her first time in boots! I had to help her get them on!

Hey!

My God! I can not believe that I have survived another self imposed, over planned week! I'm not whining or complaining. I chose every single event which took place. I packed the days full. I allowed myself to be completely wrung emotionally all at once.

I did this.

Well, Falcom and I did this.

Maygen was right that Falcom should try out for the Jubilee. She was right that he needed to get back on that horse. Watching him in that setting is amazing. He is completely natural at performing and he loves it.

His performing causes me to have to feel a great deal of anticipation and anxiety. I think this is like any mother and their child. "Will he remember the lines?" "Will he be off key?" "Will his pants be unzipped?" You know, it's like the basics.

Resihna arrived Thursday afternoon. Seeing her in pants and sneakers was hilareous for me. I've never seen her in anything but slippers and sandels. She was thrilled to be with Falcom and he was happy she was here.

I couldn't help but be aware of the attention the three of us were recieving all weekend. Being from a conservative state like Alaska I thought that this would not be such a big deal. I mean look at the big pro-life Sarah Palin. Look at our big pro-life swinging legislature. Then look at the freakout that these same people have when you bring a birth mother over for the weekend.

More than one person admitted to me that "they could not do it." They could not share their child with another woman. Well, here is a news flash for those of you who havn't figured it out already: You want women to stop having abortions you are going to have to loosen up the way you imagine a family to be. You will have to stop passing judgement and start getting creative.

I don't mean this for the people who were honest with me. I mean this for the people who were thinking it, but couldn't say it out loud. I applaud the people who could talk to me about their feelings. Thank you for your honesty.

Was the weekend with Resihna easy? In some ways yes. It was easy for me to watch Falcom and her together. It was great watching his eyes light up when he introduced her as his "original mom". In some ways no.

It was a great reminder that the Easy Way and the Right Way are rarely the same path.

Falcom was fantastic in his show! His voice was lovely and he responds amazingly to the feedback from the crowd. Maygen and I both noticed that he started to really cut loose a couple times but he definitly held it back. He doesn't want to get kicked out of the show again.

Resihna was reminded of how she loved to perform when she was a young girl. I was proud of them all.
The next day I was working for Stone Soup Group at the Safe Kids fair. Marina helped teach about 40 young people Seizure first aid. I was so proud. Vince and Falcom took Resihna to the cabin where she rode a snow machine and shot a gun for the first time. She loved it!

That night we had many of our friends over for dinner. It was a funny gathering and we all laughed and enjoyed ourselves.Did I mention it was also my birthday?

No, it didn't feel like much of a birthday. That is OK with me. I really feel like watching the family grow emotionally was the best gift I could get.

No comments: