Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

this picture does not do the darling haircut justice


It's happened! I got my ability to find things amusing back! Whew! And not a moment too soon!

What happened that caused it to return? I realized it was back while I was having a coffee date with Irene. We had been at Two Sisters chatting a bit with Sharon about her wedding. I ate a day old sticky bun. We'd been chatting for about an hour when Irene commented on my new nail polish. I told her, "My vampire lover got them for me. In fact, I can feel him summoning me now... I'd better get back to work."

The vampire lover is Jerami, a reference she picked up on immediately. We both started laughing. Unless you've watched TrueBlood or read the Sookie Stackhouse books, this reference will be lost upon you. If you have not read the books I will give you a quick run down. Sookie lives in a world where vampires are "out of the closet". She has relationships with them. They adore her and constantly vie for her attention. She works for them and they shower her with gifts. Of course, they are sexy and powerful and complex. Of course, she is like the ultimate heroine.

I told Jerami the other day that if he loved me he would get me a $6.50 Alice in Wonderland nail polish set. New vibrant colors! He was preoccupied, looked at me and smiled. When he returned from Anchroage he had no polish. I looked at him and said, "I can see what I mean to you..." and in his most intense southern drawl (because he is from the south) he said, "Oh no you don't! Anchorage was sold out of them and I told the girl at the counter, 'Well then, I guess you'd better pick up the phone and find me some!' They are being shipped to you from Palmer." Oh...

The next day I came in the shop and an invoice was thrust into my hands. "Does this show you how I love you?" and in a large box was an enormous set of Alice in Wonderland polish...for $65. "But this is not what I wanted." I told him. "I wanted $6.50 not $65." He was a bit stricken and then said, "It's up to you...decide." and then he went back to work.

I took the colors I like and we are selling the rest like hot cakes.

Coffee with Irene. Coffee with Emily. Marina and her DARLING new haircut. Falcom picking an appropriate song for the talent show. My brother finally acting like my brother. Vince texting me from Soldotna. Maygen and Iris cooking chicken pesole for us and serving it over a cabbage salad.

I am feeling amused again!

This weekend we will be staying at the cabin. I'll post pictures on Monday.

No comments: