Sunday, June 29, 2008

Too Busy to Blog?

There have been a culmination of factors leading to my inability to blog. The first is that Vince is home from Soldotna and our great friend Kim is here for a jaunt during break from medical school.
I have also been reminded of something that happened when Gloria and Mana came to stay with us for a while, and then when DeeJay came... I don't know why I forgot... There is a serious learning curve for these kids when they come from from the islands. I was wondering why I was so exhausted and then I remembered... I remembered teaching Gloria about the can opener. I remembered teaching DeeJay about the stove in the kitchen. Everything that we take for granted here, that our kids know by being in this culture, has to be taught to Willie. For instance; While up to my elbows in some culinary delight, "Willie, grab the phone." Willie: "No. I mean How?" This has taken up a great deal of my time this week. It is fun and sweet and consuming.

I've been busy. Hopefully I can catch up tonight, or tomorrow.

No comments: