Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Jubilee Auditions


 The thing I love about this time of year is that there is fresh music around:  fresh, live, invigorating, beautiful music.  Falcom, Brian and Maygen are trying out their "Dolly Parton Mashup" which includes two of our favorite songs "Jolene" and "9 to 5".




The Girl Scouts are doing a parody of Katy Perry's 'California Girls' called "Alaska Girls".  I really love how they turned the song from being about looking under dressed and brainless to Wild Organic Natural Alaskan.  Imagine this:  There are girls in the world who are proud to be fierce and fun without daisy dukes and stilettos?  Oh my goodness!  Girls can be wild and wonderful without being slutty!  Can you imagine that?  Girls who are affiliated with me can...











Everyone was nervous to get up in front of the judges.  Well, everyone except for Falcom and Maygen.  I don't know if it is because they have done this so many times or because they are both self confident.  I wish all of the kids could feel the way they feel.

 
 
 

Regardless of how everyone felt on the inside, on the outside they all looked great!  They all performed great!  Even when I poorly set up the music for the Girl Scouts and they had to sing their song unaccompanied.  I don't have pictures of them because I was busy organizing everything and one of my great GS moms has the pictures.  Anyway...


No one thought they would be able to wait for the outcome.  Falcom was anxious to find out if he made it.  He was reminded while auditioning how much he loves performing.  Marina and the troop, well, they felt that they were a long shot.  A parody of empowerment?  It is not the typical talent show act.  Also, the dorky mom who, when the chips were on the line, could not get the music to play right.  UG!   We were all on pins and needles.
 

The outcome is:  We are all in the show!  We all made it!  The rest of the week is devoted to rehearsals and then on Friday is the show!  We are all very excited.

 
 

Up Next:

 
Falcom gets a solo for his Mass Choir performance.  Did he tell us about this?  Does he know what time the show is to start?  Does he know what clothes to pack for the performance?  Does he realize this is my Birthday?

1 comment:

Nan said...

I'm catching up on your blog here. I was hoping for a video of the performance? As you know I did see it but wanted to see it again, so good!